Make a bid on this fantastic range of merch and recordings from phenomenal Sydney-based band Sunnyboys.
In August 1980, just two months after their formation, Sunnyboys played their first-ever show. Within weeks they were playing up to five nights a week to an ecstatic response. Jeremy’s every-man teenage lyrics finding familiar ground with the youth of the day and when matched with the hi-energy backing of a band, 3/4’s of whom had spent the better part of their youth playing together in the barns and scout halls of rural NSW, the result was undeniable.
Brothers Peter and Jeremy Oxley (bass guitar and guitar / vocals respectively) and drummer Bil Bilson, were natives of Kingscliff on the NSW north coast. They had performed together in that environment in their early teens before, in 1979, both Peter and Bil ventured south to study and perform, Peter with the Shy Impostors and Bil with the Playboy Lords. With his schooling complete, Jeremy arrived a year later to attend art college and maybe start a band.
Within the next 12 months the band would release the infamous Sunnyboys EP (featuring the original version of Alone With You), sign a contract with giant-sized Australian-indie Mushroom, record and release their eponymous debut-album (a record that quickly sold 50,000 copies and turned platinum, 75,000 sales, some 25 years later) and tour endlessly including one Melbourne visit that featured 27 shows in 10 days: 11 of them in just 3 days! It was this sort of workload that would later prove very telling on the band.
After a 21 year hiatus, all four original members of Sydney based band Sunnyboys walked on-stage at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre and performed as guests of the Hoodoo Gurus on their Dig it Up! Invitational. Since then, Sunnyboys have enjoyed great success, including most recently with national tours in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2023. This time around, without the pressure of recording schedules and the demand for chart hits, and with a mutual love and respect for the music they made, Sunnyboys can just do what they do best; play live.
Find out more about the Sunnyboys at www.sunnyboys.com.au
The winning bid will collect:
- A limited edition Sunnyboys ’81-’84 Double LP (Blue Vinyl) – The Sunnyboys present the release of Sunnyboys ’81-’84 a double vinyl band curated best-of featuring all the hits, the equally-as-good b-sides, fan faves, rarities and live material – many appearing on vinyl for the first time – and all drawn from their years as Mushroom Records recording artists.
- A ‘Dig It Up’ DVD recording of the first ever show in 21 years recorded live at Enmore Theatre in 2012 for the Dig It Up! Hoodoo Gurus Invitational.
- A ‘Tunnel Of Love’ T-Shirt (Sage size S)
- A ‘The Last Dance Tour’ T-Shirt (White size XL)
- A Sunnyboys Cushion Cover
- A Sunnyboys Bookmark
- A Sunnyboys Lunch Cooler Bag
HOW TO BID
- Enter amount below and click ‘Bid now’
- Login or register (you’ll be returned to this page)
- Reenter your bid amount and click ‘Bid now’
- Bid will be accepted if higher than previous bid